AW: [MPlayer-users] Feature proposal

oliver.henning at nextiraone.de oliver.henning at nextiraone.de
Fri Aug 26 12:55:55 CEST 2005

I tried both to set the width and height (which does not preserve the aspect ratio) and to omit the width (-vf dsize :300), but it didn't work.

In my case, the variable part is the height and I need MPlayer to set the width accordingly (i.e. preserving the ascpect ratio). I cannot explicitely set the width myself, because I do not know the original width or height of the video, so I cannot scale the width myself by using a factor.

Optimal would be an option that works like -vf dsize but which preserves the aspect ratio, just the way a resizing of the MPlayer window does. It proportionally scales the image to fit into the given width and height.

Oliver