[MPlayer-users] Problem playing asf in Simply Mepis Linux

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Aug 27 22:17:40 CEST 2005

Arthur Engh wrote:

> Could someone please go to
> http://62.118.252.135/autoradio?MSWMExt=.asf and tell me if they can
> get this radio station to play? The main url is
> http://www.avtoradio.ru. I'm running Firefox in Simply Mepis Linux
> and the mplayer plug-in window comes up and starts buffering. After
> that nothing happens. Any suggestions? Thanks! :-)

...well, when trying to play the URL itself I get "Couldn't resolve name
for AF_INET6: 62.118.252.135"-type errors, and then an indefinite hang
with no visible network activity. When I grab the ASF file itself (via
wget) and look inside, all it contains are two reference URLs - which
both point to the exact same ASF file I already have. Unless you know of
someone who's managed to play the stream with some other program, I'd be
inclined to guess offhand that the stream itself could be considered
broken.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.