[MPlayer-users] problem with mplayerplug-in and wmv

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 05:33:04 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 21:31 -0500, nix4me wrote:
> Hi,
> I run Ubuntu Breezy and I have mplayer and mplayerplug-in installed.  In
> firefox i can play all formats in the plugin except wmv files.  If i
> open firefox and click a wmv it asks me what player to use.  If i open a
> couple mpeg in firefox they work fine, then if i click a wmv, firefox
> crashes.
>
> I have no idea why the plugin wont stream wmv.

The streaming is probably a misconfiguration of the webserver. I see it
alot. As for the crashing of firefox after playing an mpeg. Get the CVS
version of mplayerplug-in, and that should fix it. I am planning on
releasing 3.17 soon.

Also note that mplayerplug-in is a separate project of mplayer and the
two projects are in no way related other than mplayerplug-in uses
mplayer for media playback. So questions about it should be directed to
the mplayerplug-in mailing list.

Kevin
mplayerplug-in developer

--