[MPlayer-users] problem with mplayerplug-in and wmv

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 19:40:51 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 13:01 -0500, nix4me wrote:

> Well I think I see what you are talking about.  The files that crash
> have an extension of wmv.  When I look at the properties of the file
> however it says the mime type is video/x-ms-asf.

Nope that sounds right... So couple of questions

What version of mplayerplug-in are you using? If > 3.00 do you see
multiple mplayerplug-ins (one for MPEG, one for QT, one for Real, one
for Google Media and one for Windows Media) listed in about:plugins? If
not then mplayerplug-in is not properly installed.

Do you have a sample URL I could look at that exhibits this problem?

What do you mean when you say crash? Does firefox disappear? Or does it
just not use mplayerplug-in?

Are you using a package provided with your distribution? Ubuntu right?
Also, have you taken my recommendation and tried mplayerplug-in CVS?

Kevin

--
Get my public GnuPG key from
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/export?id=7574690260641978351