[MPlayer-users] sound blaster live! 24 external

Papp Márton papp.marton at assixo.com
Tue Dec 6 17:55:33 CET 2005

Hi Everybody!

I have recently bought a Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24 External sound
card. It works fine with MPlayer under Linux in stereo mode. I would
like it to produce 5.1 surround sound, though. I simply cannot make that
happen. I tried many of the command line options I found in manuals and
mailing lists, but none of them worked. I would like to use the sound
card's optical output as an input to a DVD player/aplifier. The dvd
player has indicators showing how many channels it receives through its
optical input. I've been able to make it work fine with other hardware,
showing all channels are active.

Could somebody tell me whether it is even possible to make it sound in
5.1 surround mode with MPlayer?

Thanks,

Marci