[MPlayer-users] Unknown MPlayer format code for MIME type "video/H264"

Cian Cullinan cian.cullinan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 17:28:40 CET 2005

I'm getting the above error when trying to play the
rtsp://localhost/sample_h264_1mbit.mp4, sample_h264_300kbit.mp4, or
sample_h264_100kbit.mp4 sample streams from Darwin Streaming Server
with Mplayer.
Audio plays fine, but no video comes up. I can play both video and
audio perfectly if I play from the local file system, E.G.
/usr/local/movies/sample_h264_1mbit.mp4.
I'm using the latest CVS snapshots of Mplayer, live555 libraries, DSS,
and ffmpeg.

I posted this on bugzilla yesterday but things seem a bit quiet over
there so I thought I'd post it here too.

Cian