[MPlayer-users] compiling and using mplayer/mencoder on AMD 64 bit architecture

Phil Oleynik Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Sat Dec 10 16:41:27 CET 2005

Jason Tackaberry wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 01:05 +0300, Phil Oleynik wrote:
>

>>It is about the fact, if you would try to compile it as it is, assembler
>>will say "illegal" for using suffix 'l' with register %rcx, as it was in
>>vf_overlay.c case.
>>

>It looks like you're using a fairly old version of vf_overlay.  I keep
>current versions available at http://sault.org/mebox/downloads.php so
>you might want to upgrade.  You'll get a few bug fixes too. :)

Thank you, now vf_overlay compiles without problems. The next thing I
wish to achieve,
is to make mpssa working properly. It says that mem == NULL, mem is the
shared
frame buffer between mplayer in slave mode and mpssareader.
I will try the same patch on i32, to see if there is some pointer
problems, possibly
they are 32bit in the places where they really should be 64. Visually,
it reveals itself
as no subtitles are shown on the video. Video runs smoothly, mpssa sees
timecode
well, and indicates that subs DO exist. It even reads them correctly
from file.

Philipp