[MPlayer-users] Re: Running Mplayer as Normal User

Ko Ko kkl_sg at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 04:21:16 CET 2005

The problem is solved.

  I needed to provide the full path of my mplayer
  /usr/local/bin/mplayer follow by the command.
  Then it is executed.

  Thanks alot for your suggestion.

  Regards,
  Ko Ko

EC <zybhjk at verizon.net> wrote:
  On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:21:50 -0800 (PST)
Ko Ko wrote:

> But still.. when I execute mplayer as normal user, to my disappointment, it still doesn't produce my avi capture to the folder. I really not sure why...

Still the same error? Is that the only one you're getting?

Can you provide the output of:

whoami; stat -c '%A %U %G\n' /home/www/webmovie.avi

as the user you are running the script as?
Try deleting the existing webmovie.avi before creating the new
one, or use a different name. You already have a file of that name and
probably don't have the permissions to overwrite it. Not mplayer's
fault at all.

Reality starts with Dream