[MPlayer-users] Question on mp3 playback problems

Stephan Stapel stephan.stapel at web.de
Mon Dec 12 12:00:06 CET 2005

Hi!

I'm using mplayer 1.0pre7 along with Freevo to play my mp3 files. Freevo
uses the demuxer (17) parameter. This parameter is afaik necessary to
allow Freevo to fast forward/ rewind.

However, some mp3 files cannot be played correctly when the demuxer
parameter is specified. mplayer is stating that the 'head_check failed'.

More interesting, when not using the demuxer parameter, the file gets
played correctly, even though the the head_check failed message persists.

My question is whether there is a possibility to play back those mp3
files and allowing correct fast forward/ rewinding.

cheers,

Stephan