[MPlayer-users] time-scale?

Bryan Ding xxx bcdxxx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 02:30:17 CET 2005

Hey guys,

I'm a linux noob (and not any sort of programmer, either), but I came across
MPlayer in the context of MythTV.  (Does MythTV use MPlayer as its normal
media player?)  One of the best things I like about MythTV is that you can
"time-scale" without chipmunking.  [MPlayer already has time-scaling, but it
chipmunks when you speed stuff up].  Supposedly, MythTV uses a package
called "SoundTouch" ( http://sky.prohosting.com/oparviai/soundtouch/ ) to do
the audio time-scaling.

So my question is there a series of command line strings that I could use to
compile Soundtouch and make MPlayer make use of the Soundtouch libraries for
audio playback, such that I could time-scale without chipmunking?

thanks,

-Bryan