[MPlayer-users] Creating mp4-files for Apples' ipod with MPlayer

Paul TT paultt at hackerjournal.it
Thu Dec 15 18:36:34 CET 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:31:53 +0100
"Michael Scholz" <Michael_Scholz at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to create MPEG4-Files (mp4, framesize 320x200) from any
> video  input stream/file/etc. with MPlayer that will be accepted by
> the iPod and  its software? So far I've been unsuccessfully,
> unfortunately. All the video  files I created were considered invalid
> (although playable by almost any  video player software) by Apple's
> software.
>
> Does anybody know?

if you'll wait till january, i'll give you an answer, since i'll buy
that ipod, before from me, no... (i can't simply test the result,
know the theory, in any case...)

you have to format it in h264 codec, do you know it, don't you? :-)
what did you try (mencoder command line), maye i can give you a help to
try....