[MPlayer-users] How to tell if the video input is interlaced or not?

Jouni.Lohikoski@iki.fi jlohikos at cc.hut.fi
Thu Dec 15 21:51:43 CET 2005

I have Leadtek WinFast A310 Ultra MyViVo which works with the rivatv
driver providing v4l interface. But it only works without X.

I am able to watch video input in a concole with:
mplayer -vo vesa -tv driver=v4l:norm=PAL:input=0:outfmt=uyvy:width=704:height=576:fps=50 tv://

It seems to work, but so does with fps=25 and with -vf pp=lb, -vf pp=ci
...and I do not really see any difference in quality, this far.

Any tests, tricks, How do I tell if the video input is really interlaced or not?

Yes, I have read
/usr/share/doc/mplayer-1.0/DOCS/HTML/en/tv-input.html

The video capture chip is Siemens SAA 7114H