[MPlayer-users] Re: How to fix a RTSP Real Video RIP ?

adland123 adland123 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 12:01:45 CET 2005

> back to my main issue: Since it is an real video stream, how can I start
> at the right MB position to basically just finish it off.

you can try sending the server an extra position parameter called start=hh:mm:ss
with the hours,minutes,seconds for the position where it stopped

> How then do I unite both real video files into one again without overlayers?

you might try to just play both one after another in a playlist

mplayer -playlist playlist.ram

playlist.ram contains 2 lines
/path/part1.rm
/path/part2.rm

> PS: what about this: wget ftp://micorsops.com/something.avi -O - |
> mplayer -cache 8192 - Is wget saver in transmission for capturing a live
> video/audio feed than -dumpstream?

in the above ftp server example you could just download the file directly
with wget why pipe it to mplayer?

wget will not be useful with a URI having an RTSP scheme portion
 (ex rtsp://someserver/file.rm)
as you described in your message title.