[MPlayer-users] QuickTime/Linux problem

Kamen TOMOV kamen at evrocom.net
Mon Dec 19 13:33:17 CET 2005

On Mon, Dec 19 2005, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> Use CVS version of MPlayer, it should work a lot better. In general,
> you should use CVS as the developpement of both ffmpeg and MPlayer
> brings lotsa improvements.

Thanks.

> What's more, the rule before reporting any bugs it to try CVS
> version.

I am not reporting a bug, instead, I am seeking for an advice.

Generally, I need the packages on my system to play well with the
others, therefore using the CVS could be risky and is too much
trouble.

MPlayer seems to be an application and not a library and one would
expect that a distribution constantly has a package with the latest
revision. My distribution does not which means that something's wrong
there. Anybody sees a conceptual problem for a distribution to provide
a static build of the latest MPlayer revision? This could be even
automated.

Cheers,
--
Kamen TOMOV