[MPlayer-users] No subtitles without "rewinding"

Mustafa Abbasi lordverminard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 17:12:37 CET 2005

On 12/19/05, William Norfleet <williamnorfleet2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm new at this, so sorry for any breaches of protocol.
>

> Version of mplayer (downloaded today from rpm.greysector.net):
> MPlayer dev-Fedora-GS-CVS-051128-12:25-3.4.4 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team

try the latest source code. downlaod directly from cvs of the mplayer site
and install using
mkdir $HOME/mplayer
./configure --prefix=$HOME/mplayer/
make
make install

this will not install any files into your system that could possibly cause
problems.
but you will have to run mplayer by the binary installed in the prefix. then
tell uys whether the problem is still occuring.