[MPlayer-users] any luck playing 1080i content through VGA output to HDTV?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Dec 20 07:08:07 CET 2005

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:03:45 -0500
Norman Ramsey <nr at eecs.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Many, many filters don't work with -vo xvmc,

No video filters work with -vo xvmc

> so I'm limited to the -vf pp=xxx family.  I've tried them all; they're
> all relatively ineffective;

:-)
They're all *completely* ineffective when used with xvmc.  The thing
is, unlike other filters, they are just quietly disabled when xvmc is
enabled, rather than causing mplayer to crash like most others.

If you look at the output of mplayer using xvmc and pp, you'll see:
  Couldn't open video filter 'pp'.

The only deinterlacing option with xvmc (AFAIK) is make it output
half-height, which you probably don't want to do with your HDTV videos.