[MPlayer-users] BUGREPORT: FFmpeg COOK audio decoder

Neil Sleightholm neil at x2systems.com
Wed Dec 21 20:20:11 CET 2005

The new "FFmpeg COOK audio decoder" method of decoding RealAudio
streams doesn't seem to work reliably for BBC Radio streams. If you
play either of the following you will notice stream works for a while
and then repeats the same bit, then runs ok, then repeats:
	http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/realaudio/media/r1live.rpm
	http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/realplayer/dsatg2.rpm

It looks like the buffer is being emptied and while it is filling up it
just replays the same bit. I think it would be better if there was
silence when this happened.

Also, the following stream does sound correct. It sounds like there is
a slight echo.
	http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/realplayer/media/fmg2.rpm
The audio format is listed as "AUDIO: 22050 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 44.1
kbit/6.25% (ratio: 5512->88200)"
In the output there is the message "Non-joint-stereo files are decoded
with wrong gain at the moment!" so I am guessing this is the problem.

I am playing these stream with the following command line:
	mplayer -vo null -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2
-playlist http://xxxxxx
The mplayer version information is:
	MPlayer dev-CVS-051221-17:56-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
	CPU: Intel Pentium 4/Celeron D Prescott; Xeon Nocona (Family: 15,
Stepping: 4)

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Neil