[MPlayer-users] Stream MPEG4/TS/UDP from vlc to mplayer

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Thu Dec 22 17:26:36 CET 2005

David Rault wrote:

> Hello,
> I use mplayer for windows. I downloaded the binaries this week.
> I stream mpeg4 video + mp3 audio from vlc (server, www.videolan.org)
> to mplayer (client). I use udp protocol and muxes the data
> into mpeg-ts or asf.
> If I stream TS packets, the mplayer client cannot display the video
> (audio is OK) and I get the following message (see end of mail).
> If I use ASF muxing, I works fine for a while (video+audio), after it
> crashes. Please note I stream exactly the same file in both cases.
> This is just the muxing which changes from TS to ASF.
> For the moment, I'd like to use TS muxing (this is my main concern).
> For the ASF muxing crashes, I'll try to compile under Linux from the
> sources (I'll see later).
>
> Besides this, could I replace my vlc server by another solution ? Is
> mplayer capable of streaming through network like vlc ?

yes

> Another
> tool ?
>
> Here is the message I get when using the TS muxing ...
>
> mplayer -cache 4096 rtp://:1234
>
> MPlayer 1.0pre7-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
> CPU: Intel Pentium 4/Xeon/Celeron Foster (Family: 8, Stepping: 9)
> Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
> Compiled with runtime CPU detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!
> To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with
> --disable-runtime-cpudetection.
>
> c:/windows/fonts/arial.ttf doesn't look like a font description,
> ignoring.
> Cannot load font: c:/windows/fonts/arial.ttf
> Playing rtp://:1234.
> Connected to server:
> Cache fill: 19.92% (835584 bytes)    TS file format detected.
> DEMUX OPEN, AUDIO_ID: -1, VIDEO_ID: -1, SUBTITLE_ID: -1,
> PROBING UP TO 2000000, PROG: 0
> VIDEO MPEG4(pid=69)...AUDIO MPA(pid=68) NO SUBS (yet)!  PROGRAM N. 1
> Opened TS demuxer, audio: 50(pid 68), video: 10000004(pid 69)...POS=564
> FPS not specified in the header or invalid, use the -fps option.

your video stream is recognized as mpeg4, but for some strange reason it
doesn't seem to contain
the informations necessary to decode the framerate (in the VOL header).
You can workaround it with -fps 25 (or whichever value it is), but we
had better understand
what's going wrong: please dump the video stream with

$ mplayer rtp://:1234 -dumpfile file.m4v -dumpvideo -v -v >& log.txt

then press ^C after 1 minute, them make this stream and log.txt
available somewhere (if possible).

I also need to know what vlc command line you are using.

    Nico

 Sponsor:
 Personalizza il tuo cellulare con un semplice sms, clicca qui
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3115&d=22-12