[MPlayer-users] Mplayer doesn't play correctly a MP3 file

SAYA Mohammed Amine amine.saya at free.fr
Sat Dec 24 16:26:32 CET 2005

Hi all,
I wrote an ALSA AC97 controller driver on ARM-based chip and
I am getting some problems playing sounds.
I built mplayer using openembedded and I tried to play a MP3 file
but I am seeing a weird behavior.
It seems that Mplayer doesn't ouput the correct pcms in the pcm dma buffer
of the ALSA layer. I monitored this PCM DMA buffer with a debugger and I only
see 0x80008000 patterns !!!!

I read in Mplayer documentation that Mplayer might not play a MP3 file. Is It
true all the time ?
Does It sound more of a Mplayer issue to you guys ?
the driver was tested with a simple program that opens /dev/dsp and writes
pcms to the PCM DMA buffer in ALSA and It seems to work !!!

Any lights on this please ?

Best regards,

Amine.