[MPlayer-users] Re: duplicate keyframe with libavcodec in mplayer

bond b-o-n-d at gmx.net
Sun Dec 25 10:53:29 CET 2005

> >> i run the following cmdl on various xvid .avi files encoded with
> >> various xvid versions and settings:
> >>
> >> mplayer -vo null -lavdopts debug=1 XviD.avi
> >>
> >> and the output always tells me that there are two identical
> >> keyframes at the beginning of the stream
> >> obviously there is only one keyframe (as some other tools tell me)
> >>
> >> is this a known bug?
> >
> > so, noone getting this too?
>
> Not that I've ever noticed, no. It might shed some light on the fact
> that there has almost always been one "Skipping frame!" message right at
> the beginning of almost every MEncoder run I've ever done, but I don't
> recall having noticed the thing you describe.
>
> I've just run the command line you gave on a file I have which has the
> fourcc XVID, and did not get any message such as you mention. What
> version of MPlayer are you using?

thx for your answer :)

i did my encodes with the xvid video for windows version in virtualdub and
the duplicate keyframe problem occurs on encodes with different xvid
versions so i assume thats not a xvid bug

btw this duplicate keyframe also leads to that one frame too much on the
clips gets reported

the mplayer i used was the latest cvs