[MPlayer-users] Problems seeking during jpeg output

John Mahar tireshateme at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 00:07:35 CET 2005

First id like to say this is wonderful software. I have had seemless install
and no problems. The only issue I have is generating a frame. Ive tried a
bunch of commands, and they all pull the first few, id like to grab one from
a random spot.
First thing I do is use and identify and extract the length, then generate a
number inbetween 0 and the length. The number is then passed to the command
line, I have debuged and the command is running with the right numbers:
$cmd = "mplayer -nosound -vo jpeg:smooth=90:outdir=".$output." -frames 1
".$video;
$cmd = "mplayer -ss ".$randoml." -ao null -vo
jpeg:smooth=90:outdir=".$output." -frames 4 ".$video;
$cmd = "mplayer $video -ao null -vo jpeg:smooth=90:outdir=".$output." -ss 7
-frames 4";

Any ideas? The variables are all fine, (im using php), the images are
generated, jsut the seek doesnt seem to be working. Thanks,
John