[MPlayer-users] freeboxtv rtsp stream

Thibault thibmailbox-un at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 29 21:04:22 CET 2005

(I send this message a second time with log compressed
to avoid too big message size)

Hi,

I have problems with mplayer (cvs, linux and windows)
when i try to play freeboxtv rtsp streams : video has
tearing artefacts or/and is very slow and
disyncronized with audio.

I have built mplayer with the lastest live555 library,
and I also try to pipe the stream with the program
from live555 :

openRTSP -4 rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/202
| mplayer -cache 8192 -

with exactly the same results.

The only solution I have found is to write the stream
on the disk with

openRTSP rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/202
in one console and to play the file with mplayer in
other console. It works with this method but the file
grown infinitly.

Note that the streaming works fine with vlc, which use
the same live555 so i suppose it's a bug in mplayer.

PS : mplayer 1.0.7try2 hang when exiting with a double
free corruption.

Thibault