[MPlayer-users] synchronization between video and audio

Omar Barneto obarneto at hasar.com
Fri Dec 30 12:11:03 CET 2005

I am using mplayer to play mpegs streamed over udp (RTP) and I am
experiencing the following problem: when one mpeg file ends and a new
one starts at the transmitter, mplayer seems to lose synchronization of
the video. The sound is correct, but the video stops . Pausing mplayer
for a few seconds and resuming playback sometimes cures the problem
(i.e. mplayer resynchronizes) but sometimes it does not. I have tried
-autosync, -cache, -mc 10 options without any noticeable change. We are
currently using -framedrop which does not cure the problem either.

Running environment is Fedora Core 4. The streaming server is VLC
running on Windows. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
Omar Barneto