[MPlayer-users] strange problem with cyr fonts

Alexander Popov s_popov at prosyst.bg
Wed Feb 2 15:58:13 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm running fedora core 2 (and 3) and mplayer from the DAG repository.
I've recently updated my mplayer (the version now is 1.0-0.14.pre6a.1.fc3.rf on my FC3).
On both FC2 and FC3 I experience problems with the cyrilic fonts (with both the bgfonts.zip form mplayer HQ and true type fonts from Windows (cp-1251 ecoding)).

The places of the letters are strangely messed. Are there any changes made lately in the fonts handling.

PS: I'd check that myself but I'll quite busy until the end of the month.
If you don't have the time to fix that please just tell me where to look in the code.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,
Sasho
--
Alexander Popov                    ProSyst Software GmbH
Tech Leader                        48 Vladajska Str.