[MPlayer-users] VCD to plain mpeg!

Heine Laursen maillist at gozar.dynu.com
Wed Feb 2 22:34:25 CET 2005

Hi. I want to copy/convert a VCD to a mpeg file. But I don't know, if I
just can rename the MPEGAV/AVSEQ01.DAT to a mpeg, or if I should put it
througt mencoder first like:
mencoder -of mpeg -ovc copy -oac copy -o some-mpegfile.mpeg
./MPEGAV/AVSEQ01.DAT

I want a mpeg file a little as possebill quality loss, that can be
played with most software players. (Linux/Windows players, not
standalone dvd players)

I have attached mplayer_info.txt.bz2 witch is:
mplayer -v -identify -frames 0 MPEGAV/AVSEQ01.DAT
I think it's a mpeg2 stream in the vcd. However I'm little worried that
-idetify don't says MPEG1/2 but instad just gives a code!

Any help is apriciated.

Sincerley
Heine Laursen