[MPlayer-users] Re: CVS Mplayer compiling problem

Torinthiel torinthiel at megapolis.pl
Fri Feb 4 13:21:41 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 03:41:17PM +0100, Bartosz Sokołowski wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > Replace that uio/sys.h step by step by the ones mentioned here:
> > > In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:27,
> > >                  from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:24,
> > >                  from /usr/include/netdb.h:28,
> > >                  from ../libmpdemux/network.h:16,
> > >                  from ../libmpdemux/stream.h:51,
> > >                  from ../Gui/interface.h:12,
> >
> > And see if it still works (i.e. sys/socket.h netinet/in.h netdb.h).
>
> Sorry, that it took so long, but I was very busy last week :(

Exam session maybe? I had last exam (this session) on Wednesday ;)

> OK, I replaced includes in uio_test.c step by step and tried to
> compile uio_test.c file. The file compiled fine with following
> includes: sys/socket.h, netinet/in.h, netdb.h. It seems that GUI
> compilation problems are is MPlayer's fault not my distribution fault.
> As Torinthiel said the problem will have to be more deeply examined,
> so I'm waiting for instructions!

OK, what it seems now is that neither header is braindamaged enough not
to compile itself on it's own. Now let's see if a particular combination
of files doesn't contradict itself.
See the attached file. It contains all the system headers that are
included before netdb.h in vo_x11.c
If it compiles, than we have to check more throughly, and I'll need your
config.h for that.
If the attached files doesn't compile, then try to pinpoint the headers
that cause this, by commenting them out one by one and seeing when it
starts to compile.
There are 4 headers that might be missing on your system, configure
normally checks for that, if you want to check what it detected then
grep HAVE_XF86VM config.h
for the first one and
grep HAVE_SHM config.h
for the other three.
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl