[MPlayer-users] About installation...

Savchenko Andrew Bircoph at list.ru
Fri Feb 4 22:43:08 CET 2005

Hi!

> I have just downloaded MPlayer for Red Hat (I am using Red Hat Linux 9)
> After using    rpm -Uvh mplayer-1.0pre6-1.i386.rpm    in order to unstall
> MPlayer
> I got the following error message
>
> warning: mplayer-1.0pre6-1.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
> 75aa026a
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         libmp3lame.so.0 is needed by mplayer-1.0pre6-1
>
> What's this missing file? Where can I find it and how should I use it?
> Or do I have to install another software first? I am using XMMS as an MP3
> player.
> Thank you in advance.

You must install lame-devel package (if lame package is not installed, you
must install it too). If you don't want to use packages, you can compile this
library from sources which can be obtained here: http://www.mp3dev.org/

Also you can compile mplayer from sources without lame support, but disabling
this feature is not recommended.