[MPlayer-users] getting make to work for ARM

Kumar Sharad-r2aaju sharad.kumar at freescale.com
Sat Feb 5 01:48:23 CET 2005

Torinthiel,

I followed your instructions to first build for the host, and get a bit further.

> ./configure
> make codecs.conf.h
>./configure --target=arm --cc=arm-linux-gcc --as=arm-linux-as --enable-static
> touch codecs.conf.h
> make

I get the following errors at the last step.  It seems that the arm assembler is not being recognized though I specified it in the configure step. Any ideas on how else to specify that?

gcc -I../libvo -I../../libvo  -O4   -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer  -DHAVE_AV_CO
NFIG_H -I.. -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -c -o armv4l/jrevdc
t_arm.o armv4l/jrevdct_arm.S
armv4l/jrevdct_arm.S: Assembler messages:
armv4l/jrevdct_arm.S:59: Error: no such instruction: `stmdb sp!,{r4 - r12,lr}@all callee
 saved regs'
armv4l/jrevdct_arm.S:61: Error: too many memory references for `sub'
:
:

Thanks,
Sharad