[MPlayer-users] getting make to work for ARM

Trilok Soni trilok_ulug at yahoo.co.in
Mon Feb 7 09:38:53 CET 2005

Kumar,

> I am new to this but it almost seems to me that the
> option to specify the assembler on the configure
> command line is not working properly.

You should not top-post I believe. Have you
experimented with what steps I had given before. You
should always give more information about your setup.

eg. Board Info - if possible.
    Toolchian Info. - versions.
    A full log.

Ref:
Refer/learn autotools, automake tools.

Check the config.log always, if you are getting error
in "configure".

Always post full error log.

You can also refer document "How to ask smart
questions?".

> I only say this because I find that the specified
> compiler 'CC=arm-gcc-linux' gets specified in the
> config.mak file.  However, the ARM assembler is not
> specified anywhere in the file.
>
> ./configure --target=arm --cc=arm-linux-gcc
> --as=arm-linux-as --enable-static

Checkout first "./configure --help". Is it giving you
"--cc" option. You should give "--target=arm-linux".
Again check the config.log , whenever you get the
configuration error.

> Any help on what I need to do to specify the
> assembler correctly or to build MPlayer for ARM will
> be much appreciated.

I don't see any prob. of assembler, as you had
specified very little stuff on error.

---Trilok Soni

--with-freetype-config=$TARGETDIR/bin/freetype-config

=== message truncated ===