[MPlayer-users] Problem reading DVD burned on the JVC DR-MH20S

Thierry Grauss tgrauss at free.fr
Tue Feb 8 01:04:23 CET 2005

Le Lundi 7 Février 2005 22:22, Thierry Grauss a écrit :
> Le Lundi 7 Février 2005 22:19, Julián Nuñez a écrit :
> > As far as I know, the VIDEO_TS.IFO file not only contains the menus, but
> > it contains more generic info about the DVD, such as Titles and Chapters
> > info. I don't think you will be able to play the DVD correctly without
> > that file, at least with aplications that use libdvdread (mplayer,
> > dxr3player, don't know about xine).
> > My advise is to use a DVD-authoring aplication to regenerate
> > VIDEO_TS.IFO. Or you can do the thing recomended in the other thread
> > "Looking for advise - combining..."
> >
> > Regards.
>
> I will try to use dvdstyler, hope it will work.

I have tried dvdstyler and searched the net to find how can I recreate the
menu but I didn't find anything suitable.

I have read (http://dvd.chevelless230.com/) that there is sometimes problems
to get the data from IFO files when using DVD-R. The scsi emulation should be
activated to be able to read these files in this case. But I have also read
that scsi emulation could be a problem too
(http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/libdvdcss-devel/2003-01/msg00000.html). I will
try to enamble the scsi emulation tomorow. Hopfully it will work.

Regards,

Thierry