[MPlayer-users] Mplayer and lame

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Feb 8 11:26:07 CET 2005

On Sunday, 06 February 2005 at 22:49, Dariusz Andziak wrote:
> Hi, All,
> I use Mpleyer since version 0.90... But I never could use the Lame -
> codecs. Please, help - how can I compile Mplayer with lame? I have
> install lame, it works properly, but I cannot bring Mplayer to compile
> with lame-funcionality.

You need to install lame-devel package (or build lame from the source).
But why don't you use one of the binary packages so that you don't have
to compile MPlayer yourself?

If you still can't make it work, run the usual ./configure command and
press Ctrl+C just after you see "Checking for libmp3lame... no" and show
us the last lines of config.log.

> PS. Sorry, my english is not very well, normally I use german as second
> language.

Well, let's hope it gets better[1] soon. I recommend hot tea with lemon.[2] ;)

Regards,
R.

[1] "is not well" == "is sick" ;)
[2] Don't apologize, your English is fine as long as people can understand
    you, which is the case here. I'm just making a bit of fun of you. :P