[MPlayer-users] Re: -af volume audio filter controlling

Vaclav Dvorak wacd at volny.cz
Wed Feb 9 15:50:41 CET 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 at 10:53, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hi,
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 08:07:44AM +0100, Vaclav Dvorak wrote:
> > Question/request for new -af volume audio filter: Why the new -af volume filter cannot
> > be controlled by keys instead of PCM input, as it was with the old -aop volume? After
>
> I think you want the -softvol and -softvol-max options...

Ok, but how to set the initial volume now? It seem that even
if I set -softvol-max to high numbers (e.g. 300) the volume is not in the center
 of range, but stays at 100%. It is very different to the old volume audio plugin.
Is there any possibility to set the volume higher or lower (not assuming
sending keys 0 or 9 using fifo file with -input )?

regards,
Vaclav Dvorak,
wacd at volny.cz