[MPlayer-users] Mplayer broke all other apps integration.

Tony Traugott awt586 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 9 17:43:37 CET 2005

Issue:

Mplayer broke all other apps integration.

Fedora Core 3
AMD Duron 750
ATI Radeon 9000
RAM 580,788k
APPS: xawtv, jtvd, xtvd, Gv4l and any other possible capture/recording
app that requires Mplayer.

When trying to capture or record or mux I receive various errors.
-----------------------------------
MEncoder 1.0pre6-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Duron Spitfire (Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Compiled with runtime CPU detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!
To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with
--disable-runtime-cpudetection.
File not found: 'frameno.avi'
Failed to open frameno.avi
Option tv: Unknown suboption adevice

Exiting... (error parsing cmdline)
-----------------------------------
Compiling from source fails as well. I read on some postings that
Mplayer changed all the options settings with this new release which
"Broke" all apps dependencies with this change. The frameno.avi being
one as supposedly Mplayer no longer recognizes tv:// or something along
those lines. If this is correct, this act has probably pissed off a LOT
of developers and end users and would in my opinion initate these people
dropping all dependency on Mplayer which would lead to it's demise.

./configure errors: (with the --disable-runtime-cpudetection)
----------------------------------
Disabled optional drivers:
     Input: tv-bsdbt848 live.com dvdread dvb
     Codecs: divx4linux x264 xanim libdts toolame
     Audio output: sgi sun jack polyp dxr2 nas dsound win32 macosx
     Video output: winvidix bl zr zr2 dxr3 dxr2 directx fbdev svga caca
aa ggi xmga mga xvmc directfb tdfx_vid tdfxfb 3dfx quartz
     Audio filters: ladspa
---------------------------------
BTTV is the module I'm using and it's correct in dmesg. Not sure why
dvdread is disabled as well since I can play dvd movies fine in xine but
not Mplayer. In fact, xine is the only thing working and has with
Mandrake 10/10.1, FC3 & FC3.

make errors:
---------------------------------
None

Install errors:
EVERYTHING I try to play errors with the following;
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device. Can't
play a single file while xine has no issues. Makes my system pretty
useless for multimedia considering EVERYONE has referenced mplayer for
some odd reason.

Is there a workaround?
I would have attached the config.log but there is none so ...

Tony Traugott
awt586 at earthlink.net