[MPlayer-users] cropdetect with script

Alexey com at nforum.de
Thu Feb 10 06:44:54 CET 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to automatically cropdetect a movie. By automatically I mean
without user interference. Usually when you use "-vf cropdetect=x:y" the
video is played and the values for crop are printed to stdout. But the
video plays on and on so usually a user has to kill/close the video
window in order for mplayer to stop. But how would I do this with a
script? Unfortunatelly the "-endpos" option is only avaible for mencoder
so I cant stop the playback automatically.

Is there an option that makes mplayer display the cropdetect values and
exit immediatelly?

Regards

Alexey