[MPlayer-users] make a screenshot of video and display it

Alexey com at nforum.de
Thu Feb 10 11:02:42 CET 2005

Hi all,

I wanted to create a preview for cropping with mplayer so I thought I
could go to a certain point in the video with "-ss" and then make a
screenshot with "-vo jpeg", "-frames 1" and the filter I want to preview
and then open the image and see the preview.

Ok there are two problems with that:

1.)The first image is not readable. I have to create about 5 frames so
in order to become a complete image. I suppose this is because I dont
jumo directly to keyframes. Is there a possibility to jump directly to a
keyframe? I dont need a certain one, just a keyframe somewhere in the
movie, not at the begining. And it has to be the same one every time so
that I can compare the filter.

2.)How can I display a single image with mplayer? I would like to
display it until the users closes the mplayer window. Is that possible?
I wouldnt like to use a external image viewer.

Regards

Alexey