[MPlayer-users] Problem reading DVD burned on the JVC DR-MH20S

Thierry Grauss tgrauss at free.fr
Mon Feb 14 16:01:54 CET 2005

Le Mardi 8 Février 2005 14:44, Carl Karsten a écrit :
> > bash-2.05b$ tcprobe -i /dev/dvd -d 35
> > libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.8 for DVD access
> > *** Zero check failed in ifo_read.c:324
> >     for vmgi_mat->zero_3 = 0x00000000010000000000000000000000000000
> >
> >>You are just trying to confirm that the JVC isn't creating proper DVD's,
> >>right?
> >
> > Yes, It seems that this JVC (I don't know for others) is not creating
> > standard DVD. I have tried two times. The first time, I had interruped
> > the recording and I recorded the film with a lower quality later. So I
> > had 2 films on the dvd. I have the same problem with this disc. For me,
> > it was because of the interrupted recorded film, so I created a new dvd
> > with only 1 film on it and finilized it, but the problem is still the
> > same. I used 2 different brands for the media : Sony DVD-R and EMTEC
> > DVD-R.
>
> I would post this to the libdvdcss list.
> http://developers.videolan.org/libdvdcss/
I have done this and have not received any comment about it now.

> It is possible that the disk is in spec, but libdvdcss doesn't currently
> support it.

I don't know, but I have recreated the IFO files and it works well now.

Here is how I have recreated the IFO files for those who doesn't know how to
do it (I have searched these informations during 1 week) :

lets say your dvd drive is accessable at /dev/dvd, the saving directory
is /movies/movie1 and you want to backup title 1, all chapters with 1st video
and 1st audio track:
 -> dvdauthor -t -o /movies/movie1 -f 'streamdvd -i /dev/dvd -t 1 -s 0xe0,0x80
|'
 After that, build the missing ifo files with:
 -> dvdauthor -T -o /movies/movie1
 That's it :-)

These lines were copy/pasted from here : http://www.badabum.de/streamdvd.html

Hope it will help some people.