[MPlayer-users] mplayer not playing TV (but detects it)

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Feb 14 17:16:54 CET 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:38:47 -0800 (PST)
Mike Warner <storemike at yahoo.com> wrote:

> mplayer plays movie and audio files just fine but doesn't seem to be
> able to get input from my TV tuner card.

What TV-tuner card do you have?  Have you been able to display a signal
with other TV display programs (tvtime, xawtv)?  Have you tried with the
bare-minimum number of options to mplayer?  Have to tried without the
"freq" parameter (why are you using that anyhow)?  Have you tried with
other output formats?  What is the VERBOSE (-v) output from mplayer?

>  Has anyone else had this problem?

I don't think anyone can possibly say with the very small ammount of
info you've given.