[MPlayer-users] mplayer acting very slow with -mixer-channel, gmplayer is even worse

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Feb 19 11:20:19 CET 2005

Hi,
On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 07:33:14AM +0100, Sebastian wrote:
> RC schrieb:
> >Have you tried some of the parameters you can pass to -ao alsa.  eg "-ao
> >alsa:mmap:noblock:device=hw=0.7".  It's best to try each one
> >individually, of course.
> >
> >Then there's the other audio options...  Have you tried with "-autosync
> >30", "-mc 0", "-mc 1", "-mc 10"?  Do they help at all?
>
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> All these options have no effect on the outcome.
> Btw, xmms goes with ALSA, no problem at all. Maybe looking at their code
> could help getting rid of the problem? Just a thought.

Don't think so, we use a bit different approach for volume control.
Maybe just use the -softvol option for now, it's a bit slower but should
work - otherwise what we probably need is somebody that reimplements or
fixes the alsa driver. Unfortunately most developers very much prefer
OSS as it is much simpler to use :-(

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger