[MPlayer-users] Quiet AC3 with 2-speaker setup

Jeff_Mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com Jeff_Mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com
Wed Feb 23 23:39:57 CET 2005

mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu wrote on 02/22/2005 06:09:44 PM:

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:13:08 -0500
> Jeff_Mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure if you can
> > encode multiple audio programs into an AVI, though.
>
> Yes, you can.  Though mencoder doesn't have this functionality built-in.
>  You might try avidemux, or the avi* programs from transcode.

So I could concievably create an .avi that has both the 5.1 and 2.0 autio
programs in it.  This is workable, but not optimal (I'd rather not increase
the file size by storing multiple audio programs, especially when I know
that liba52 can play the 5.1 program just fine -- just not in MPlayer.)
How do the rest of you with 2-speaker setups play files with AC3 5.1
tracks?

Thanks.

-Jeff