[MPlayer-users] is xv available or not

José M. Fandiño ati-aiw at fadesa.es
Wed Jan 5 11:43:57 CET 2005

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hi,
> >  I'm using a pc with two video adapters and both adapters have
> > x-video capabilities but when I play videos in the second adapter
> > mplayer shows a black screen. The sound is present, video decoding
> > takes place (judging by the CPU consumption) and the video output
> > is a black screen.

Hello Reimar,

> How do you get the video to the second adapter? Moving the window

by running mplayer since a xterm in the second screen, as you probably
knows windows managers like KDE and enlightenment manage multiple
screens. I'm not running xinerama.

> probably won't work, but
> export DISPLAY=:0.1
> mplayer

yes, I should to use the DISPLAY variable to run mplayer
in other screens, but this time mplayer doesn't refuse to run
it simply shows a black video.

> worked for me once...

thank you anyway for you suggestion.