[MPlayer-users] symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: pango_context_get_matrix

John Francis Lee jfl at robinlea.com
Fri Jan 7 11:31:44 CET 2005

Hello,

I just installed
 MPLayer-1.0pre5 and
 libmad-0.15.1b-3.1.fc3.rf.i386.rpm
on my FC3 machine and now get
 [jfl at ws8 jfl-old]$ firefox
 /usr/local/firefox/firefox-bin: symbol lookup
error: /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0:  undefined symbol:
pango_context_get_matrix

This has happened before. I will now get the same error with all sorts
of programs that use pango. The last time this happened I finally
reinstalled FC3 to make things work again. I'd rather not have to do
that again.

Does anyone have any idea what's gone wrong and what I need to do to fix
it?

Thanks in advance for any help you might give.

--
John Francis Lee
1/9-10 Thanon Trairat