[MPlayer-users] Streaming from jumptv.com - WMV9

Adrian Basescu adrianeli at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 14:37:18 CET 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 22:46:45 +0100, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 02:56:51PM -0500, Adrian Basescu wrote:
> > I have tried to use mplayer to stream from http://www.jumptv.com, but
> > anything I have tried
> > does not show the stream.  They use  streams created with Microsoft
> > Media encoder 9 and it works well in the other operating system.
>
> Then tell as what there is supposed to be.
> Because from what I see it seems the server really sends just a few seconds of silence...
>
> > Anyone can try the link High Speed Free Preview:
> > http://www2.jumptv.com/asx/JumpTVHiSpeedPreview.asx
> >
> > Even if I download the asx file that seems to bother mplayer, the mms
> > stream that is pointed at in the asx file still does not stream.
>
> The asx file isn't the problem. You just have to use -playlist.

The  -playlist option seems strange to me, since you are supposed to click on a
link in the browser and the player should play, not go and manually
add -playlist.
All the players I have tried, BUT mplayer, can play such links. Even
mplayer used to, around two years ago.

--
Adrian