[MPlayer-users] How to get "audio format 0x50" work?

Matthias Schwarzott zzam at gmx.de
Mon Jan 10 00:29:53 CET 2005

On Sunday 09 January 2005 21:42, Josef Wolf wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 03:05:09PM +0100, Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
> > > I have a file (recorded with VDR), that can't be played with audio.  It
> > > seems like mplayer/mencoder don't know how to handle audio format 0x50.
> > > Any suggestions how I can make this work?
> >
> > What happens if you explicitly use -aid 0 ?
>
> Works!  Great!  Any ideas why mplayer tried to play a non-existing audio
> track?

mplayer does not try to play a non existing audio track.

Following the filename I think you recorded the german tv station Pro7. They
broadcast their audio as mp2 (aid=0) and as ac3.
mplayer is irritated by the format vdr saves this ac3 audio channel and stops.

I sent a patch for this around 1/4 year ago to the development list, bit it
has not yet been integrated.

Matthias