[MPlayer-users] Crash with arts and settings

Peter Volkov Alexandrovich volkov_peter at list.ru
Tue Jan 11 12:08:35 CET 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 13:41, Thomas Müller wrote:

> I use Suse 9.2, Kde 3.3.2, alsa sound and arts sound-demon.

> When i start gmplayer alone i can enter the settings and change verything.
> When i start gmplayer with a movie, or start a movie after starting mplayer
> and then click on settings, it crashes.
> I get no errors at all, the window simply disapears, gmplayer quits.

I just wanted to confirm the existance of the problem. When I compile mplayer
with arts and try arts output it constantly crashes. It was on kde-3.3.0
3.3.1. Now I have 3.3.2...

This is the last messages I can see:
Selected video codec: [ffdivx] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg DivX ;-) (MS MPEG-4 v3))
Checking audio filter chain for 48000Hz/2ch/16bit -> 48000Hz/2ch/16bit...
AF_pre: af format: 2 bps, 2 ch, 48000 hz, little endian signed int
AF_pre: 48000Hz 2ch Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)

Then message about sig11.

I have few time to investigate this problem, so no bug report still. But I
think it's necessary to debug the problem...