[MPlayer-users] Best way to cut and encode a TS movie?

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Thu Jan 13 22:34:07 CET 2005

Hello!

I have some movies in TS format (recorded from DVB-S).  I would like to
cut (get rid of advertisements, find proper start/end) and encode them
to divx.  I wonder what would be the best way to do this task.  I have
noticed the -ss and -endpos options, but the seem to have two problems:

- They can be given only once, so there is no way to cut multiple
  advertisements.
  This problem could be avoided by encoding every part of the stream
  separately and join the parts together after that.  How do I join them
  together?

- The recorded TS streams seem to contain strange timestamps, so that
  the -ss and -endpos switches seek to wired positions.  Is there any
  way to seek to a specified frame instead of a specified timestamp?
  Or does a way exist to fix the broken timestamps?

--
-- Josef Wolf -- jw at raven.inka.de --