[MPlayer-users] Mencoder doesn't create Index

Phil Oleynik Phil.Oleynik at mail.ioffe.ru
Fri Jan 14 19:09:18 CET 2005

> Hi Phil,
>
> Could be me, but I don't have a clue about what you'r saying in your
> last reply :)
> More important, do you know how I can fix this problem?
>
> Regards,
> Nick

Nhe only way to fix it - to split avi into two or more parts. You can do
it after main encoding,
you will have bad index, but who cares. A good program for this -
VirtualDub. But it is only
for w, not for linux. You may try to use it under WINE, maybe it will
work. I haven't tried.
Or, you just tell mencoder to encode from 0 to some time and then, frome
that time to end.
You will get two files, most possibly sane. Also look at LiVES project
at sourceforge.

Phil