[MPlayer-users] RFE: "Intelligent" DVD title selection

Matthew Mott matmott at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 15 19:25:41 CET 2005

RC wrote:
> And when you want to play the second title, you have to go through the
> numbers guessing-game again...
>
> Not to mention that this wouldn't work well for DVDs with some titles
> longer than the others (eg. season premieres/finales).

The purpose of this feature is to make it easier to play movies, not TV
series with multiple titles. The latter would still require manual title
selection (or Xine, as I prefer to use for this).

> This idea has been proposed before, and rejected.  It's not as if the
> developers don't have enough to do already...

There does appear to be a discussion on Mplayer-dev-eng about it with a
possible patch, but I cannot find any obvious rejection of the idea,
just some discussion of the best syntax (the patch was using dvd://-1
which is apparently already used).

Matthew