[MPlayer-users] Best way to cut and encode a TS movie?

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Tue Jan 18 21:46:04 CET 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 01:46:20PM -0800, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Josef Wolf wrote:
>
> > I have some movies in TS format (recorded from DVB-S).  I would like to
> > cut (get rid of advertisements, find proper start/end) and encode them
> > to divx.  I wonder what would be the best way to do this task.  I have
>
> 	ProjectX
>
> http://www.lucike.info/index.htm?http://www.lucike.info/page_projectx.htm

Hmmm, seems to be what I was searching for...

> 	I use that program a lot to cut the TS streams (both HD and SD)
> 	captured via IEEE1394 from a receiver.  I usually use ProjectX to
> 	cut and demux into elementary (.m2v and .ac3) streams for use in
> 	dvdauthoring but you could also recode the video into mpeg-4

So I would need an external progeam (mencoder?) for encoding?  Cutting
seems to work only when demuxing, so how would I combine the demuxed
streams for the encoding process?  Mencoder's -ni option seems to work
only on avi files, so concatenate the streams and pass -ni would not work.

--
No software patents!
-- Josef Wolf -- jw at raven.inka.de --