[MPlayer-users] Best way to cut and encode a TS movie?

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Wed Jan 19 02:19:37 CET 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Josef Wolf wrote:

> > 	ProjectX
> >
> > http://www.lucike.info/index.htm?http://www.lucike.info/page_projectx.htm
>
> Hmmm, seems to be what I was searching for...

	It has been a very useful program to me.

> So I would need an external progeam (mencoder?) for encoding?  Cutting

	Only if you want something other than MPEG-2 ;)  If you want to keep
	the data as MPEG-2 instead of decoding and re-encoding to another format
	then all that needs to be done is re-multiplex the elementary streams
	produced by the 'demux' command in ProjectX.

> seems to work only when demuxing, so how would I combine the demuxed

	Hmmm - I thought it worked for creating new TS streams as well.  Seemed
	to work the one time I tried that (by mistake ;)).

> streams for the encoding process?  Mencoder's -ni option seems to work

	It depends what format you are creating.  If you're creating a
	.mp4 file then you can use 'mp4creator' (from mpeg4ip.sf.net) to
	combine mpeg-4 video and audio streams into a .mp4 file.  If you're
	creating some other format then a different multiplexing or combining
	program would be needed.  If you're creating a MPEG-2 program stream
	then there are programs available which can do the multiplexing.  If
	you're creating a ".ogm" file then the programs from ogmtools can
	be used, and so on.

	Good Luck!

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz