[MPlayer-users] Re: Howto fix XviD encoded avi header

Florian Schulze florian.proff.schulze at gmx.net
Sun Jan 23 18:53:01 CET 2005

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:03:49 -0800, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:58:21 +0100
> Florian Schulze <florian.proff.schulze at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I saw that the problem with playback of XviD files on Windows is fixed
>> in CVS. What is the easiest way to fix an existing avi? What do I have
>> to change in the header?
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2005-January/050919.html

That's just the problem description and the mail which lead to the bugfix
in CVS. For new AVI-Files this is fine and it works for me, but I have an
avi which I don't want to encode again and I would like to fix the header,
but I don't know where I have to fix it. I know how to work with an hex
editor, but I don't know how avi headers are composed and which bytes lead
to the problem.

Regards,
Florian Schulze